Tenmiles is a place filled with problem solvers who bring the best software solutions to niche problems in the market. We develop products that help global companies transform their customer support from good to great. We also help people organize events at ease.
As a Systems Engineer at Tenmiles, you will be responsible for
1. Ensure availability, uptime and performance SLA’s are met in an environment that is evolving and expanding
2. Advanced troubleshooting, fault detection, isolation, resolution, and root cause analysis
3. Building tools, scripts, and operating procedures for continuous efficiency improvement
4. Establishing and documenting operations policies and procedures for installing, configuring, and maintaining production systems and SaaS applications
5. Establishing and documenting operations policies and procedures for installing, configuring, and maintaining production systems and SaaS applications
6. Sharing an on-call rotation, along with other systems administrators, monitoring the platform in 24/7 follow-the-sun regime
1. Expert knowledge of Linux systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
2. Operational experience supporting large, high-volume sites, ideally at a major SaaS company
3. Firm and fast troubleshooting skills – “I can fix anything” attitude
4. Ability to pick up new technology, software and APIs quickly
5. Experience in managing large scale web stacks, preferebly those running on Python or NodeJS.
6. Solid scripting skills using Unix scripting toolkits (bash, sed, awk, etc)
7. Working knowledge of deployment and distribution automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
8. Experience working with monitoring and analytics tools (e.g. Check_MK, Nagios, OpenNMS, Cacti, Graphite, MRTG, Splunk)
9. Demonstrated knowledge of systems and infrastructure security
10. Good verbal and written communications skills
11. BS or MS in a technical discipline (Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience
12. Working with a variety of languages and systems, including Python and various flavors of Linux/Unix/OSX.
13. Deployment systems and server configuration environments (Puppet, Chef, Capistrano, Fabric.)
14. Familiarity with EC2, OpenStack, Heroku.
Nice to have:
1. Fluency in scripting/interpreted languages (Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby all have their place here)
2. Experience in managing and scaling SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB) in highly available and high throughput environments
3. Experience working in SaaS based product company
4. Worked for a bootstrapped high growth startup
How to apply:
Send us an email to email@example.com with your Github link and your story (we’d like to get to know you). Resume is optional.